A New Story Which Needs a Clever Name

I couldn’t sleep a wink last night, no matter how I tried,

And as I dreamt of having dreams, my eyes were opened wide.

I counted countless flocks of sheep and then I counted birds.

I counted leopards by the leap and zebras by the herd.

After counting rabbits ‘till one-hundred-twenty-two,

I turned around to find a dragon sneaked into my room!

With fire foaming from his nose, the creature lunged at me;

Lucky thing, I had my sword and shield and trusty steed.

I ran the dragon through the heart, he fell into a heap.

With all of the excitement here, no wonder I can’t sleep!

I took a swim to find myself a place where I could rest,

When suddenly I came across a maiden in distress.

“Oh help me, please!” she yelled to me, “my ship has been attacked!”

“Some pirates took my father and refuse to give him back!”

“But why would pirates want your dad, is he extremely handsome?”

“My dad’s a king; the pirates seek a rather hefty ransom.”

“Fear not,” I said, “I’ll find the king and bring him safely home.”

And so I swam until I reached the place called Pirate Cove.

I took a rusty cutlass from a sleeping pirates grip,

Then silently and stealthily, I climbed aboard their ship.

With anchors up and sails drawn tight, I sent the boat to sea,

Then yelled to all the drunken pirates sleeping on the beach-

“Someone stole our vessel, now they’re leaving the lagoon!

We’d better swim and catch them quick, or else we’ll be marooned!”

So, while the ship escaped to sea, the pirate crew in tow,

I found the poor old king and swam him safely to his home.

I climbed a giant mountain where no one would bother me,

I closed my tired eyes and then I finally fell asleep.

From down below, a voice so loud that it could shatter glass,

Said, “Wake, get dressed and leave the house or you’ll be late for class!”

And as my teacher droned along, I swear she sprouted wings,

Then turned and smiled, revealing rows of sharpened yellow teeth.

“Oh, Help us please!” my classmates screamed, “Our teacher is a beast!”

A lucky thing I had my sword and shield and trusty steed.